The meeting was attended by his close associates Arvind Kejriwal, Kiran Bedi, Shanti Bhushan and Manish Sisodia. Activist Medha Patkar was also present.
Team Anna took stock of the situation as well as deliberated on the future course of action, activists said.
Although Government and Team Anna on Saturday spoke of the need for a dialogue on the Lokpal issue, no such channel of communication has been opened so far.
Hazare had on Friday raised the political stakes by giving a deadline to the government to pass the Jan Lokpal bill by August 30 failing which he would continue his fast “till my last breath”.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, speaking on the issue yesterday, had affirmed that there was “a lot of scope for give and take” and that the government was open to “discussion and dialogue”.
Source from Sify
- on 6th Day of his fast, Anna Hazare
- Anna to leave Tihar, hold fast at Ramlila ground
- India busiest team last year, Srikkanth claim not with standing
- PM justifies Anna’s arrest in Parliament
- Anna may be allowed to fast at Ramlila Maidan
Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed