Warangal and Hanamkonda as legend goes is linked with the dynasties of Great “Vishnukundins” and even prior to it also of the Buddhist and pre_Buddhist periods of indian History.During Eighth Century A.D. , Warangal with an old name “Orukal” has served as Capital City of Yadava king of the Kakatiyas or Ganapatis making Warangal as Capital City.The name of Warangal “Orugallu” is said to be correct form of Orukal which is the original designation ,the old town.The words the middle of the Warangal fort.The Kakatiya line seems to have been in existance even earlier to the middle of 7th Century A.D.because the famous Chines Piligrim Hieun-Tsang,mentions the nameof the Kingdom of “Danakakitya” in the South.The family name Kakatiya is derived from the local appellation of the Goddess Durga(Kakati).
After the fall of Bahamani Kingdom,Warangal fell to the “Qutab Shahis” of Golkonda and thereafter it has came under the sway of Nizam’s dominitions.
Thus the city of Warangal has developed both under the political and historical influences of successive great kings.The Historical events and development occured in Warangal City. These are :-
1. Kakatiya Stage 1260 - 1422
2. Transmission Stage 1422 - 1725
3. Asifijahi Stage 1725 - 1948
4. Modern Stage 1948 - On Wards.
- About Our Warangal Fort
- Warangal NIIT Information
- Medaram Sammakka & Saralamma Jathara, telangana festival, warangal festival, sammakka and saralamma jatra warangal, ap, india
- Warangal to secunderabad Route Train Timings
- Cinema Theaters in Warangal, Kazipet, Hanamkonda
Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.