Second SRC- States Reorganisation Commission for Telangana not acceptable: TRS
Asserting that there was no compromise on the separate Telangana demand, TRS today said a States’ Reorganisation Commission (SRC), if appointed by the Centre to go into the issue of formation of new states, would not be acceptable to it. “Formation of separate Telangana is must. Congress must form the separate Telangana as it promised earlier. Otherwise, Telangana people would not relent until they achieve their goal. We warn the Congress not to forget that,” TRS floor leader in the Assembly E Rajender told reporters here. He was responding to the reported comments of AICC spokesman Rashid Alvi in Delhi favouring constituting a States’ Reorganisation Commission to look into the demands for formation of new states in the country. Referring to three Congress MLAs joining the TRS recently, Rajender claimed that the ruling party would suffer heavily in Telangana if it did not accept the statehood demand. Former TRS MP B Vinod Kumar felt the Congress spokesman has spoken in the context of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati’s reported plan to carve new states out of her state. Telangana Congress MP Gutta Sukhender Reddy also felt that Alvi must have spoken in the context of UP politics. To a query, he said Telangana Congress leaders must act as per the wishes of the people in the event of a negative decision by the Centre.
- Second SRC States Reorganisation Commission for Telangana?
- Three telangana Congress MLAs quit over Telangana issue, join TRS
- Congress government may take decision on Telangana Issue very soon again saying AP Ministers?
- BJP leader LK Advani has asked the UPA government to introduce a bill for formation of Telangana state in the winter session of Parliament, which his party was willing to support.
- the Telangana JAC on Monday called upon the people of the region to observe November 1 as “Telangana Betrayal Day”
Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.