The Telangana Rashtra Samithi on Thursday insisted that Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu clarify his stand on the Telangana issue.
Addressing a press conference at Telangana Bhavan, TRS floor leader Etela Rajender said that the TDP president never had clarity with regard to demand for Telangana statehood.
It maintained a confused stand in its manifestoes, as well as in the communications that it has sent to the Centre on this issue. Therefore, he demanded that Naidu should clearly say whether he was in favour of Telangana or not.
Etala said that the people in the region have lost faith on the TDP due to its confused stand. If the TDP was serious of winning back the lost faith, then it must first clarify its stand on the statehood issue. Until then people in the region would treat the Telugu Desam as anti-Telangana party, he said.
Speaking about Naidu’s ‘Rythu Poru’ padyatra, the TRS leader also accused Naidu of shedding crocodile tears for the farmers. He said during his nine years’ tenure as the Chief Ministers, thousands of farmers committed suicide and he failed to provide support to the distressed farmers. He said that ‘Rythu Poru’ programme has been launched for votes and Naidu was not really concerned about farmers.
Etela demanded that the State Government immediately extend help to the farmers in the drought-affect areas. He said mere declaration of drought-affected mandals would not help the farmers and they need help at the ground level. He demanded that the government implement all the recommendations made by the Jayanti Ghosh Commission.
The TRS leader demanded that the government provide crop insurance, waive interest on loans, reduce the prices of seeds and fertilisers and supply quality and uninterrupted power to the farmers. He also demanded payment of ex-gratia of Rs 3 – 4 lakh to the families of farmers who committed suicide.
- A local court on Friday directed the Cyberabad police to register a cheating case against Telugu Desam president Nara Chandrababu Naidu for going back on his support for separate Telangana.
- Congress central leadership might prefer a Rayala Telangana state to keep the Telugu Desam chief, N. Chandrababu Naidu, and the YSR Congress president, Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy, away from the region.
- Telangana Rashtra Samiti president K Chandrasekhar Rao wants the party to spell Polavaram stand
- Chandrababu Naidu family has only Rs 40 crore?
- Chandrababu Naidu listed only the acquisition value — not the current market value
Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.