Telangana: Rail Roko Postponed to 15 to 17 October
For the second time in a week, the Telangana Joint Action Committee (T-JAC) has postponed the rail roko programme and announced that it would now be organised for three days from October 15 to 17.
It had earlier revised the dates for the protest from October 12 to 14, but said it was postponing it again in view of the Assembly byelection in Banswada in Nizamabad district. The protest was initially planned to be held from October 9 to 11.
Accordingly, the South Central Railway (SCR) has declared that all train services would run as per their original schedule on October 12, 13 and 14. It announced scrapping of the changes informed on Monday in the pattern of train services and has also withdrawn the travel advisory to the passengers.
The State unit of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has differed with T-JAC over the postponement of rail roko and has decided not to participate in the protest from October 15 to 17. Party’s State president G. Kishan Reddy reasoned that they were engaged with L.K. Advani’s ‘yatra’ passing through the State on October 18 and 19. Talking to reporters earlier, T-JAC chairman M. Kodandaram alleged that Seemandhra leaders and the government led by them were engineering a split among the employees agitating for Telangana and the RTC strike call-off announcement was ample proof of it.
Meanwhile, Telangana Rashtra Samiti president K. Chandrasekhar Rao said lakhs of people would participate in rail roko and sought to know from the Kiran Kumar Reddy government whether jails in State were sufficient to hold Telangana sentiment.
- ‘Rail roko’ ends, trains restored in all telangana districts
- T. Harish Rao, Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) deputy floor leader in the Assembly, has warned the State government not to test the patience of the people in Telangana and complicate the problem further.
- October deadline set for Telangana State
- Decision on Telangana in October?
- Telangana Districts,Telangana Districts Map,Telangana Map,Andhra Pradesh Map,Separate Telangana State declared by Govt of AP
Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.