BJP on Tuesday slammed the UPA government for dilly-dallying on the separate statehood issue though a general strike has been going on in the Telangana region for over 20 days.
The Centre has failed to come out with a concrete response after a delegation of TRS and the Joint Action Committee (JAC) met the Prime Minister in Delhi on Monday, senior BJP leader Bandaru Dattatreya alleged.
The Congress government in the state has failed to provide any relief to people who have been facing prolonged disruptions in electricity supply, he said.
The state government can store adequate water and produce hydel power to make for the shortage in power production due to the strike by staff of state-run miner Singareni Collieries, Dattatreya claimed.
Congress governments at the Centre and in the state should take concrete steps to resolve the Telangana issue and also people’s other problems, he said.
BJP has two MLAs in the 294-member Andhra Pradesh Assembly.
SOURCE FROM IBNLIVE
- Telangana : Uneasy Congress may push for resolution
- Telangana APS RTC staff joins Sakala Janula Samme till we get telangana
- Congress government may take decision on Telangana Issue very soon again saying AP Ministers?
- Telangana sakula janula samme general strike continues till we get telangana
- More national level talks needed to solve Telangana: Azad
Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.