TRS chief KCR said the ongoing agitation for Telangana statehood would continue as he rejected the Centre’s offer to hold “further consultations”.
The Telangana region continued to suffer for the 20th consecutive day because of the ongoing stir. Public transport remained off the road, causing hardships to commuters in all the 10 districts. Striking employees said they would intensify the stir protesting the government’s “indifferent attitude”.
KCR is scheduled to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday.
On Sunday, KCR went on the offensive saying it was shocking that the government had not responded as normal life was crippled in the Telangana region for the last 20 days. “People are suffering and an early decision on Telangana is the need of the hour,” he asserted.
KCR, who has been camping in Delhi since Friday, said he would impress upon the PM as to what was happening in Telangana. “I will tell him that lakhs of people are suffering and that an early decision on Telangana is a must,” he told reporters.
“We will ask him to deliver what he had promised in Parliament. Where is democracy if they are not able to keep the promise made in Parliament?”
Reacting to AICC general secretary in-charge of Andhra Pradesh Ghulam Nabi Azad’s proposal to hold consultations at the national level before taking the crucial decision, KCR said: “Where is the need for further talks? How long will they take to decide? We need Telangana, not comforting words.”
He said the Kiran Kumar Reddy government in AP was terrorising the Telangan protagonists despite the peaceful struggle. “We have come to Delhi to stage a non-violent protest. The chief minister is portraying a wrong picture here,” he said. Sources said KCR held parleys with senior Congress leaders K Keshava Rao and K Jana Reddy. He also met Union minister S Jaipal Reddy.
- Supporting the ongoing Telangana employees’ general strike, Parkala legislator Konda Surekha and Bhadrachalam MLA Kunja Satyavathi resigned afresh for the cause of Telangana.
- Congress central leadership might prefer a Rayala Telangana state to keep the Telugu Desam chief, N. Chandrababu Naidu, and the YSR Congress president, Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy, away from the region.
- Coaching Centres in Warangal, List of Coaching Centres Warangal, top Coaching Centres in warangal, hanamkonda, kazipet, ap, india
- Anna to leave Tihar, hold fast at Ramlila ground
- Telangana T-News Live, online teangana live tv, t news for telangana tv channel, telangana tv channel
Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.