The argument is strong, but division of the state would hardly solve the problem of the people. It would at best add more interstate disputes to be addressed. The solution suggested appears to be rather inviting more problems than the ones it is intended to solve. There is a need for the leaders to lead the people. The quality of leadership required is definitely lacking at present on account of group loyalty of leaders at the expense of common national goals. Each state should contribute their mite to strengthen the nation, India. All of us should continue to spread the message of patriotism rather than local development at the expense of national development.
1) Catchment area of Krishna Basin
Allocation of Krishna water as per tribunal recommendation=
Telangana less than 1%
2) Godavari river catchment area
Telangana 79% (1170 TMC)
Andhra 21% (310 TMC)
Utilization of Godavari waters
Andhra 23% (320 TMC i.e. 110% of allotted)
Telangana 9.6 % (143 TMC)
405 TMC is being diverted to Andhra via Polavaram project
3) Total loss of water share of Telangana merging with Andhra is 1125 TMC.With estimation of 1 TMC to serve 10,000 acres, total cultivation land Telangana lost is 11, 25,000 acres.
4) There are 10 districts in Telangana, 9 in Andhra, 4 in Rayalaseema. Out of these 7 districts in Telangana, 3 in Andhra and 1 in Rayalaseema are considered severely backward districts which means 70% of districts in Telangana are backward while in Andhra – 35% and in Rayalaseema – 25%
5) 65% of Industries in Telangana are owned by Andhra.One Telangana person (close relative of Sri Jaipal Reddy) tried to start industry in west Godavari, he was harassed and tormented so much that he gave it up half way through.
6) All Telangana region CM’s combined tenure is hardly 6 years.
7) From past 50 years AP got nearly 40 major projects in which 37 went to Seemandhra region
- SLBC (30 TMC) not taken up
- SLBC beyond Musi river (20 TMC) not taken up
- RDS extension (10 TMC) not taken up
- LIS to high level areas in Mahabubnagar not taken up
- Bheema LIS 20 TMC under construction for many years
- Telugu Ganga project (29 TMC) completed
- SRBC (19 TMC) completed
- KC canal extension completed (10 TMC)
- Upland areas Brahmamgari matham reservoir (10 TMC) completed
- SRBC beyond Gorakallu (20TMC) under construction
- Puchintala evaporation losses (5 TMC) under construction
- Veligonda not recommended project (40 TMC) almost completed
- Handrineeva sujala sarvanthi not recommended (38 TMC) almost completed
- Galerunagari sujala sravanthi not recommended (38 TMC) is under construction
9) Pothireddypadu regulator was originally created for drinking water to Chennai with 5 TMC. Gradually 5 projects were ‘piggy backed’ & augmented to canal. In the name of Chennai drinking water, Rayalaseema leaders wanted to take away the entire waters of Srisailam reservoir.
10) Veligonda project is being constructed on war footing basis. This will drain 60 TMC of water from Srisailam. This project is not allotted (water share by tribunal) and do not have clearance till now.
11) Handrineeva Srujana Sravanthi, not allotted not cleared project is going on war footing now. It will run through chittoor via Anantapur.
12) SLBC – Srisailam Left Bank Canal, despite of all recommendations, Clearances and permissions never started. This would have provided 30 TMC for 3 Lakh acres in Nalgonda district.
13) Manuguru thermal power station proposed by Central govt due to proximity of coal mines was lobbied to be shifted to Vijayawada, transporting coal from telangana (singareni). This led to shortage of power due to pump set usage by Telangana farmers.
14) Ramagundam super thermal power station (2500 MW) transferred to NTPC,crippling power ownership of state by which we get only 27% of power produced and rest is pooled in national grid.
15) Dummugudem Hydal power station never even started construction – this remained a promise on paper.
16) Icchampalli power (975 MW) project never started.
17) Power regulatory mechanisms – 220 KV, 132 KV, 32 KV substations and lines never realized in Telangana region.
18) If Mumbai is not a free-zone, Delhi is not a freezone, Kolkatta is not a free zone, Chennai is not a free zone, Pune is not a freezone … why should Hyderabad be a freezone ? Andhra enthusiasts hailing Hydrabad being a free zone, were demanding entire Telangana should be freezone.
19) Telangana covers 41.7% area, Seemandhra 58.3% area. Telangana has 40.5% population , Seemandhra 59.5%. Telangana revenue is 53% to the state exchequer.
20) 1953 Andhra Pradesh the area irrigated under TANKS in the Telangana 11 lakh acres. Now it is hardly 6.5 lakh acres.
21) Andhra 9 districts – funds spent on education – Rs 1308.56 Crores Rayalaseema 4 dist – funds spent on education – Rs 382.87 Crores Telangana 10 districts – funds spent on education – Rs 163.39 Crores
22) Literacy – Andhra (9 districts) 42%, Rayalaseema (4 districts) 38%,
Telangana (10 districts) 30%
23) Andhra 9 districts – schools 26,800 Rayalaseema 4 dist – schools 13,000 Telangana 10 dist – 17,954
24) Hospitals Andhra (9 dist) 666, Rayalaseema (4 dist) 303, Telangana (10 dist) 270
25) Total Govt employees – Seemandhra (13 districts) 9 lakhs, Telangana (10 dist) 3 lakhs
26) IAS/IPS/IFS officers (civil services) – Andhra (9 dist) 225, Rayalaseema (4 dist) 50, Telangana (10 dist) 60
27) Industries (small/medium/large) – Andhra (9 dist) 6,100, Rayalaseema (4 dist) 773, Telangana (10 dist) 1250
28) Power Utilization Andhra (9 dist) 54% – Rayalaseema (4 dist) 23% – Telangana (10 dist) 23%
29) Nagarjuna sagar project – Andhra submerged land = 0, cultilavation land 20 lakh acres. Telangana submerged land = 100%, cultivation land 4.5 lakh acres
30) Polavaram project is submerging 250 small villages in Telangana, displacing 5 lakh tribal’s are going to provide lakhs of acres cultivation land to Andhra.
31) Grant-in-aid Private Degree colleges Andhra (9 dist) – 96, Rayalaseema (4 dist) – 32, Telangana (10 dist) – 30
32) There are more than 130 posts of heads of departments. Out of them only 7 or 8 are held by the officers belonging to the Telangana region.
33) Sales Tax collection (2001- 2002) – Andhra 21%, Rayalaseema 5%, Telangana 74%
34) Excise Collections (2001-2002) – Andhra 24%, Rayalaseema 10%, Telangana 66%
35) APPSC – Andhra Pradesh public service commission board members so
far, 8 from Andhra, 6 from Rayalaseema, 2 from Telangana.
36) Telanganites constitutes 23% in all industries in Telangana area, 0% in Andhra, Rayalaseema area
37) All housing board colonies in capital city – 93% people are from Seemandhra.
38) Govt Libraries – Andhra (9 districts) 630, Rayalaseema (4 dist) 243,Telangana (10 dist) 450.
39) In 70’s – Jublee hills lands were purchased at Rs 105 per acre. Total acres 1400. All Telanganites living in that area were thrown out, jublee hills housing society did not have a single Telanganite.
40) Panchayat Raj divisions – Andhra (9 dist) 883, Rayalaseema (4 dist) 342,Telangana (10 dist) 295.
41) Most backward district in AP is Mahabubnagar, was granted 4% white ration cards. Most developed dist in AP is West Godavari dist was given 7% white ration cards.
42) 100% power of Vizag thermal (simhadri) is being used for Andhra only, but 27% power of Ramagundam is being used for A.P.
43) 82% of farmers are depending on private loans in Telangana
44) If development was the justification for keeping an alien ruler in place, India should have never been free from British rule !
45) There was no single drop of water in Palanadu 350yrs ago, it was like a desert. Now, entire Telangana canal irrigation land is less than Guntur dist alone.
46) Rs 60 crores of surplus budget was the pride of Telangana in 1948. When Andhra state was formed – it had only 1 Crore in hand given by Madras govt, and Shri Raj Gopalachari said ‘Get lost from here’.
47) Dr.B.R.Ambedkar suggested Hyderabad second capitol of India. He said
Hyderabad is better than Delhi.
48) Government buys sugar cane from farmers (per quintal) in Andhra – Rs 1200, Telangana –Rs 890 Andhra lands are canal cultivated – Telangana depend on bore wells.
49) Andhrites converted Telangana -WAKF lands in to revenue lands in the era of real-estate boom, Lanco is main culprit in this, remember Muslim brothers shouted ‘go back’ at Lagadapati ?
50) 150 forts are about to ruin in the Telangana which were built by various dynasties. They are symbols of great cultural heritage.
51) Hyd Central University is filled with Andhraits – every Central University in India has 60% reserved for local region. Except HCU.
52) Pranahita project, there is no staff, no sufficient funding, don’t even have proper office, but Andhra ruler says project will be completed 4yrs
53) There are never any difficulties in construction of irrigation projects in Andhra. But why irregularities, corruption, delays in Telangana projects?
54) Mahabubnagar 35lakhs population, migration 14 lakhs, 350km of Krishna stretch, there is no drinking water or irrigation water.
55) How many JNTU colleges should be there in 10 dist of Telangana, if 2 are in 4 districts of Rayalaseema ?
56) AP dairy buys milk from farmers from Andhra Rs 24.30, Telangana Rs 22.30
57) 450 tribal villages, millions of tons of limestone, rich minerals, lot of natural biodiversity…are going to submerge if Polavaram project is built
58) Telangana is bigger than 24 states. Total official countries in the world are 194. Telangana will be bigger than 160 countries.
59) Seemandhra revenue 38.5% – Expenditure 49%, Telangana revenue 61.5% Expenditure 51%
60) Jallianwala bagh, General Dyer, 1919 yr – 379 shot dead. Telangana, Kasu Brahmananda Reddy, 1969 – 370 students shot dead.
61) WHO declared Nalgonda dist affected with fluorisis so much that it is moving towards No Man Zone.
62) While merging with Andhra leaders agreed to continue Mulki rules in Telangana. As per this 100% employees in Telangana should be from Telangana only.
63) Nizam formulated mulki rules in 1919, a person to get job in they must be Telangana from 15yrs,but now Andhra rulers reduced the period to 4yrs.
64) Seemandhrites got 28000 jobs in Telangana by getting bogus mulki certificates between 1956-1968. Between 1975 to 1985 again 58000 by violating presidential order.
65) In 1969 students/employees agitated against 28000 jobs by Andhra. Andhra rulers killed 370 students.
66) In 1972, Andhra rulers managed to cancel supreme court judgment by parliament, then 6 point formula was introduced for jobs. As per this formula Telangana split into zone 5, zone 6.
67) As per presidential order Telangana people should get reservation 80% dist posts,70% zonal posts, 60% Gazetted posts. Remaining 20%,30%,40% shall be open to other regions – what’s happening now ?
68) In 1985, 610 GO for transfer of 58000 employs from Telangana, but this GO is never implemented. That too 610 GO is restricted to 102 departments only, out of 250 govt departments.
69) In 2001, Chandra Babu Naidu (CM) appointed Girglani Commission which submitted report in 2004, that 2 lakh Seemandhra employs are working in Telangana.
70) Only 23% Singareni coal is used in Telangana. Remaining 77% is being drained out to other places.
71) Per Capita Funds allocation to Student in universities.
SV University – Rs. 37500, Andhra University – Rs 35500
SK University – Rs 25000, Nagarjuna University – Rs 22700
OU – Rs 17400, K.U – Rs 14000
72) Cultivation land (Lakh Acres) Before 1956, Andhra 30.65, Telangana 18.20 In 2004, Andhra 69.27, Telangana 18.00
73) Andhrites love for Hyd is like Pakistan’s love for Kashmir. They are ready to go to any extent to capture it.
74) Kothagudem thermal power station sabotaged on purpose to obtain repair contracts to Andhra contractors in 1978, this is confirmed in single man commission (Sundar Ramaiah commission – 1979)
75) All APSEB scams occurred so far at high level in board are targeted towards Telangana power supply and distribution, never to Andhra or Rayalaseema region. Higher officials found guilty by Vimal Lal commission, the recommendation were never implemented.
76) Technically it is possible to develop water grid to benefit Telangana, Rayalaseema and Andhra regions – it would match in comparison with Mississippi river water system (USA), Three Gorges river system (China),Nile river (Aswan dam) Africa and Rhine river system Europe. Similar models were conceived by intellectuals but are trashed by Andhra rulers and pseudo intellectuals because they will benefit Telangana.
77) 1969 – after Jai Telangana movement ‘All Party Accord’ was formulated, scrapped within 6 months. Than 8-point formula, 5-point formula were announced. then supreme court upheld Mulki rules. Andhra elites could not digest it, launched Jai Andhra movement. Central govt yielded as usual to elites tactics, then 6-point formula. Even this is being violated royally many times, robbing Telangana its rightfulness.
78) Nagarjuna Sagar initially meant to benefit Andhra and Telangana. Later on it is modified in such a way that 75% of the benefit is accruing to Andhra reducing the share of Telangana region to just 25%. Andhra settlers own 50% of these 25% utilization lands.
79) Singur project was originally designed to meet primarily the irrigation needs of Medak and Nizamabad districts. But it is now solely used for meeting the requirements of capital city.
80) Jurala Project which is the first project on river Krishna meant for Telangana,
is the smallest of all the projects built on this river. The Bachawat Tribunal allocated just 17.5 TMC ft. water for this project, and the state government reduced its storage capacity to 60% ft. But the actual utilization so far has not been more than 10%
81) Rajolibanda Diversion Scheme, was to irrigate 87500 acres in Mahabubnagar. The Bachawat Tribunal also allocated 15.90 TMC ft. of water for this project. This water has to pass through a canal in Raichur district of Karnataka State. After the formation of Andhra Pradesh landlords of Rayalaseema blasted the gates with bombs and diverted water to their land. Since then Govt never even tried to reconstruct the gates.
82) Devadula Project, provides water for 5 lakh acres, was promised to be finished in 5 yrs in 2001, yet to begin work. The funniest fact is, Sriram sagar is yet to be completed for last 40 yrs which provides water for just 4 lakh acres. Telangana people are supposed to believe the promise.
83) Two major projects proposed on river Godavari are Ichampally and Polavaram. Ichampally is meant for Telangana and Polavaram for Andhra.The irrigation potential of Polavaram Project would be 6 to 7 times more than the irrigation potential of Ichampally. Ichampally is going to be primarily a power project not a irrigation project !
84) Andhra lands are irrigated by canal irrigation i.e. with tax payer’s money. Andhra farmer pays Rs 200 – 300 per annum as water charges. Telangana lands are irrigated by bore wells, entire cost is on the farmer . Digging, power, bore well, motor, pipes. He struggles with fluctuations in power supplies with irregularities and pathetic power distribution pattern in Telangana.
85) Technological University was actually started in Warangal but was shifted to Hyderabad, Open University was originally Nalgonda district but was later shifted Hyd. The same state level universities University of Health Sciences, Mahila University and the University of Dravidian Languages were allowed to stay in Seemandhra – not moved to Capital city.
86) Twelve milk chilling plants established by the erstwhile Telangana Regional Committee in different parts of Telangana have been abruptly closed down showing lack of funds as a reason.
87) Ramagundam is in heart of coal belt … Fertilizer plant is closed showing areason as poor quality of coal. NTPC is running with same coal, VTPS is running with same coal. Subsequently, Fertilizer plants are started in Nellore and Andhra.
88) Based on the proportionality at least 40% of jobs, i.e. 6 lakhs, should have gone to Telangana. But the total number of jobs now occupied by them is less than 3 lakhs.
89) 1972, PV Narasimha Rao made an attempt to implement the verdict of Supreme Court validating the Mulki Rules. The verdict was in favor of Telangana. Seemandhra gave outrageous reaction, he lost his Chief Ministership.
91) Daily wage workers working in industries – from Andhra (9 districts) 3.16 lakhs, from Rayalaseema (4 districts)– 0.7 lakhs, Telangana (10 district) 0.81 lakhs.
92) Andhra controlled media never highlighted migration of 15 lakh people out of 24lakh population from Mahabubnagar due to draught conditions. T. Anjaiah CM of AP from Telangana region was presented as a buffoon in dailies and cartoons.
93) At the time of merger Andhra leaders persuaded Telangana leaders by offering many safeguards against exploitation. They also passed a Unanimous Resolution’ in November 1955 in Andhra Assembly in support of safeguards and subsequently they put these safeguards in an Agreement on 20th February. 1956 which is known as “Gentlemen’s Agreement”. All are trashed soon after the agreement is signed.
94) Proportional representation says Telangana should get 42% jobs in the Secretariat, but only 9% are working now. How can a people representative, MLA, MLC can get a work done if 91% do not help ?
95) Metro Rail project is being designed dilapidating 5000 shops, 2500 houses,147 schools, 120 hospitals, 60 Temples/Masjid/Churches. Historical monuments will disappear. All shops and complexes throughout Metro rail route are with Seemandhra thugs.
96) 1947 India got Independence. 1948 Indian Army did police action to dethrone Nizam. Hyd state existed from 1949 to 1956. Telangana merged with Andhra against its wishes in1956. Telangana has nothing to do with Potti Sriramulu.
97) Telangana Sayudha Poratam, (Telangana armed struggle) was against Nizam facist rule, 4000 people died – inspired all subsequent land movements in West Bengal, Kerala and Tripura and paved way for formation of Communist governments in those States. This is never acknowledged by Seemandhra rulers so far.
98) Despite 69% Krishna, 79% Godavari flows through Telangana, irrigation cost is Rs.1500/acre. 13% of Krishna, 21% Godavari flows through Andhra irrigation cost is Rs.150/acre.
99) Per capita income of Madhya Pradesh: Rs 18,051. Chattisgarh formed in 2000. Per capita income of Chhattisgarh in 2008-09 – Rs. 29,621. Recently formed smaller states are catching up with Haryana is 71%, Himachal is 81% and Uttarakhand is 75% – now Jharkhand 58%, Chhattisgarh 63%. Also, Infant mortality UP 67%, Uttarakhand 44%.
100) year 2008 Targeted growth rate & achieved: bigger states: MP 7% – 4.3%; UP 7.6% – 4.6%; Bihar 6.2% 4.7% smaller states: Chhattisgarh 6.1% – 9.2%; Jharkhand 6.9% – 11.1% Uttaranchal 6.8% – 8.8%
101) Since 1956 to date, the additional irrigation potential created in Telangana is only 5%
102) There are 10,000+ Industrial units in Telangana, 1200 are owned by Telanganites, 6500 are owned by Seemandhra, rest are by outsiders.
103) Proportionally Telangana should be given about 43% in budget allocation, Since 1953, it never exceeded 30%. Yet Telangana contributes 42% of revenue to the state exchequer.
104) Nizamsagar was built in 1931 to serve Nizamabad and Medak about 2.7 lakh acres of land. It was neglected for maintenance and improvements, now satellite images prove that all its 83 tributaries, 243 distributaries have been silted up and eroded. World bank sanctioned 30 crores for the project, which was never spent. The project now going to be almost useless.
105) In Andhra region every year two crops are cultivated because of water availability, in Telangana a single crop will be cultivated with great difficulty.
106) Technical institutions wise, 26 are in Telangana, 54 are in Andhra. 20 polytechnics in Telangana, 70 in Andhra. 2 Medical colleges in Telangana, 6 in Andhra.
107) British build Railways, Administrative Services, Post and Telegraph, installed democratic institutions, judiciary, rule of law, and built the cities of Kolkata, Mumbai and Chennai, and New Delhi. British did not claim any of these when they had to leave India. Seemandhra are making big hue and cry clamoring for Hyderabad claiming they have built the city. In 400 yrs of Hyderabad history, how many years did they contribute the ‘development’ ?
108) Hyderabad – demographic expansion can never be considered as a development. It’s natural growth. It is like a girl who is 10 yrs now will attain 15yrs of age after 5 yrs – can we call it development ? Also, its not just Hyd which is developed … all big/medium cities in India are in development path.
- Real facts about Telangana State Part-2
- Real facts about Telangana State Part-3
- Real facts about Telangana State Part-1
- Real facts about Telangana State Part-4
- Real facts about Telangana State Part-6
Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.